Oven Shiners Carpet & Oven Cleaning Terms and Conditions
The customer shall be deemed to be the person whose details
are completed on the online quote / contact form transmitted
from this website.
COVID OR FLU
• If you or any family member has covid or flu at the time of your appointment, kindly call us to re-schedule the appointment.
EMAILS & MOBILE TEXTS
• Due to the nature of our work, we are often busy and are unable to respond to texts and emails. You will receive an automatic acknowledgement to confirm that we have received your message, but we cannot hold email and text conversations during the working day. The best way to make a booking is to call, we can then book you in asap.
LAST MINUTE CANCELLATION
• 24 hours’ notice is required for any cancellation or rescheduling. Failure to give 24 hours’ notice will result in you being charged the full cost as per the booking.
• No cancellations will be accepted in November or December, all bookings must be paid in full if a booking is cancelled.
• We use a propane gas heated dip tank in the van. A level and a safe place for parking is required. 1-2 hours restricted parking areas are not suitable. Please ask us the approximate time duration required. All parking and penalties for parking will be paid by the customer. If parking facilities cannot be provided, we cannot offer our service.
• We are not allowed to park the van near airports, in public car parks, in underground car parks and under buildings.
ELEMENTS & THERMOSTATS
• As we do not clean the elements and thermostats, we do not accept any responsibility if they are not functioning after cleaning.
CONTROL KNOBS & MARKINGS
• Control knobs and markings on the front panel may come off while cleaning. Therefore, it is the customer's responsibility to inform us as to whether we should carry out cleaning of the panel.
• As the door seal of the oven is very fragile, we do not clean them. However, we will try our best to remove any grease, but this cannot be guaranteed.
NEFF SLIDE & HIDE OVENS
• There are some versions of these ovens where the doors are removable. In some instances, when the removed door is refitted, there is a problem fitting it correctly. As this is a risk, we may not remove the door to clean any drips in between the glass. If the customer insists, we remove these doors for cleaning, it is at the customer’s own risk. It can cost over £200 for NEFF engineers to fix it if a problem occurs. However, we will try our best to remove the door to clean the inside of the glass door panels, but this cannot be guaranteed.
OVENS WHICH ARE HARDER TO CLEAN
• We will clean Smeg, Leisure, Flavel, Lamona & Beko to the best of abilities. In some instances, we may charge extra due to extra time required to clean these makes.
• All DIY cleaning products contain caustic based chemicals which can contaminate our bio-degradable dip tank solutions. Therefore, customer who have attempted DIY cleaning (using foreign chemicals) should wash the oven, shelve and baking trays fully before the booking. If you do not do this, we reserve the right to refuse to clean the oven or charge extra. In the event of a refusal the full quoted price will be charged.
• If there are steps to the property, we may need the customers help to take the machine into the property. We operate with only one person to reduce the cost and offer a better price to our customers.
If the property is a flat or an apartment which is not on the ground floor, and without a lift, we will need the customer's help to take the machine to the flat or apartment.
• Carpet and sofa cleaning is performed using a professional steam cleaning machine. If the carpet and/or sofa is very old and worn, we may not be able to bring it back to a good condition due to normal wear and tear.
• The customer should be available at the property before, during, and after the job. There may be some things which we cannot get 100% clean due to various reasons. The customer must be available to check all cleaning before we leave the property. We do not accept any complaints after we have left the property.
• Unlike ovens, BBQs are not 100% cleanable. Turning them into near showroom condition is extremely difficult. However, we will do our best to clean it to a healthy usable standard.
CANCELLING/RESCHEDULING BY US
• Oven Shiners Ltd will endeavour to provide our service at the time and date you have requested. We will inform you by telephone or email if we are unable to attend a booking on the date/time we have agreed. We will endeavour to re-arrange the booking for a mutually convenient time/date. In such cases we offer compensation in the form of a discount.
All cancellations will be notified in writing by text or email.
• If the technician arrives at your property at the agreed time/date of your booking and is unable to gain access, we will wait for a maximum of 15 minutes and will attempt to contact you on the telephone numbers provided. If after 15 minutes we are still unable to gain access to the property, we reserve the right to charge 100% of the agreed cost.
• All customers must make their payment by bank transfer, card, cash, or cheque on completion of the job. If paying by bank transfer the payment must be done and confirmation shown to the technician before he/she leaves the property.
ZERO TOLERANCE TO CLIENT’S RUDE BEHAVIOUR
• As a very friendly company, we would like our clients to be polite when placing an order and to be polite to our technician when he/she is arriving or while performing the job.
• If a client is rude when placing an order over the telephone, we reserve the right to terminate the call. At the same way, if a client is rude to the technician when he/she is arriving or while performing the job, the technician reserves the right to refuse to complete the job and leave the premises. In such cases, we charge the client the full amount of the quoted job by sending an invoice. In a such instance, if a refused client is publishing a negative review on any kind of platform such as Checkatrade, Google or Yell, we do not accept them and we reserve the right to remove them.
• Oven Shiners may use the contact details you provided to inform you about products and services offered or to assist in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted. This includes using your details to send information about our services and any special offers available. Alternatively, where the consumer has previously used Oven Shiners service, we may text or email you in the future - if you do not want to receive communication, please contact us. This is by no means an entire list of your user rights regarding receiving marketing material. Your details are not passed on to any third parties.
Oven Shiners retains all intellectual property rights to the material that appears on this website, including graphical images and text. Material on the website can only be printed or downloaded for personal use. You may not create a website in any form, from text or images on the site, without prior written permission from Oven Shiners. No part of the site may be reproduced, transmitted, or stored in an electronic or non-electronic format without the prior written permission of Oven Shiners.
Whilst we make every effort to ensure the information on this site is kept accurate and up to date, we do not guarantee that general information and / or information regarding products and services is either complete or accurate. Additional products and / or services may be available. In addition, products and services published on this site may be available at lower or higher rates than we have illustrated. Errors and omissions excluded.
• Any personal data relating to you will only be used by us in accordance with current data protection legislation. We may also make use of such data for administration purposes and future enhancing of the website to meet your needs as well as our marketing, advertising, and promotional purposes. We will not pass your personal information to any other companies without your consent.
We will gather a certain amount of anonymous information about users which does not personally identify you, but which may be helpful for marketing purposes or for improving the services we offer. For example, we will track how many users visit a certain page, and for how long, so they can measure whether the site is effective. Generally, this information is collected through 'traffic data' and may entail the use of 'Cookies' 'IP addresses' or other numeric codes used to identify a computer.